Welcome to the University of Maryland's Social Interaction Group Network for students with Autism or UMD SIGNA. This group was developed for UMD college students who want to understand others, express themselves and navigate academic & campus life in better ways without losing their ... INDIVIDUALITY
SIGNA is proud to embrace the neuro-diverse talents and abilities our students with autism bring to the University of Maryland. We also recognize that there are areas that students would like to improve upon, just like other students here on campus.
WHAT'S SIGNA'S PURPOSE?
- To help SIGNA members gain comfort and confidence with interpersonal interactions
- To teach SIGNA members conversational and self-advocacy skills
- To help SIGNA members identify and work on executive functioning skills that support personal, academic and professional success
- To work collaboratively with the SIGNA members to develop their own personal goals
- To offer more opportunities for SIGNA members to make friends who will appreciate their diversity and individuality